ARSENAL may have to table an offer of more than £60 million to convince Galatasaray to sell Nigerian striker Victor Osimhen as speculation linking him with a move to the Premier League champions continues to gather momentum, sources from Football Insider have claimed.
News Point Nigeria Sport reports that the Gunners have long been linked with a move for Osimhen and could firm up their interest with a concrete offer for the Nigerian international in the coming weeks.
Recent reports claimed that Arsenal made enquiries about Osimhen’s availability during discussions with Galatasaray over the potential transfer of Gabriel Martinelli to the Turkish champions.
However, the proposed £60 million-plus deal for Osimhen is said to be separate from any potential move involving Martinelli.
“Any deal to take him to the Emirates Stadium would likely be done separately to Martinelli heading the other way,” Football Insider reported.
“As revealed on the latest edition of Football Insider’s Transfer Insider podcast, Arsenal must make an offer of over £60m to stand a chance of landing Osimhen this summer.”
The 27-year-old signed a four-year contract with Galatasaray last summer and registered 28 goal contributions in 33 appearances during his first season as a permanent player.
If the deal eventually goes through, Osimhen would likely become Arsenal’s highest-paid player, with the striker currently earning more than £300,000 per week at Galatasaray.
Speaking earlier this week, Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta promised that the club would remain active in the transfer market as he looks to strengthen his squad ahead of the transfer deadline, having previously expressed his desire to take the team to “a new dimension”.
“There is more that we want to do because every time we have an opportunity to improve the squad and bring more quality and depth to the squad, we need to do that,” Arteta said.
“We are actively trying to do so. The thing in the market is that it doesn’t just depend on you. We are very clear on that.”
Osimhen, meanwhile, has not dismissed the possibility of a move away from Galatasaray.
Speaking to reporters in Turkey after scoring twice in Galatasaray’s Super Lig opener on Friday, the Nigerian striker acknowledged the transfer speculation but insisted he remained focused on his responsibilities.
“There are always rumours in transfer seasons,” Osimhen said.
“I will take care of my business. I am focused on my job, then we will see and think further.”

