Gov Ayade Delcares Open RAAMP Retreat, Urges Nigerians To Put Nation First

THE Cross River state governor, Prof Ben Ayade has called on Nigerians to always put the nation first rrespective of ethnic, religious and political inclination.

The governor stated this, while declaring open the 2023 Training and Annual Retreat organized for staff of the Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP) across in the 20 participating states in Nigeria, in Calabar.

The Governor, who was represented by the Commissioner for Ministry of International Donor Cooperation (MIDC), Dr Inyang Asibong welcomed participants to Calabar, the Cross River State capital and described RAAMP as a multi-dimensional project of several benefits poised to uplift humanity and positively change the lives, especially of the rural dwellers.

In a signed statement by the Development Communication Officer, RAAMP, Amadi Vivian and made available to News Point Nigeria, the governor promised to keep supporting the laudable vision of RAAMP in its aim to make life more meaningful to rural dwellers across the country.

In his welcome address, the National Project Coordinator, RAAMP, Engr Aminu Bodinga Mohammed called on participants to utilize the opportunity of being part of the project to make meaningful impacts that will stand the test of time.

‘’This is one project that will make you contribute to the enhancement of mankind. It is in the development of rural infrastructure like this that your impact as SPIU and government can be felt the more. We hope to do much more to reach the hinterland and banish poverty to the barest minimum amongst the rural peoples,’’ Bodinga stressed.

The national coordinator added that plans are under the way to arrange a learning visit to India, Tanzania and Nepal being the countries that had done quite well in the area of rural road construction and management.

He warned against the ‘’japa’’ syndrome which is fast becoming the norm of the day saying: ‘’nobody can develop the country for us. You may japa, you can’t take every member of your family along. Your parents, grandparents and other siblings will be left behind and your mind will often travel to them. So, let us put in our best to make the country liveable and work for all.’’

Bodinga stated that, the twenty state structure of the project from the initial two would sooner or later enlarge to thirty seven, including the FCT.

He further lauded what he called the exceptional performance of the Cross-Rivers State government and the Niger State government for adding to RAAMP mandate by choosing to asphalt the earthen rural roads.

‘’We have more than 250,000 of rural road network in the country. Of this, we have done less than 20 percent, leaving the country with more than 80 percent to be done, even Katsina and Niger that have tried have not done much considering their landmass area,’’ he added.

Bodinga commended all the states Project Coordinators for doing their jobs accordingly, also called for a team work among officers in the project for the successful implementation of the projects in their various states.

The national coordinator urged participants to pay maximum attention to all presentations that would be made by different consultants in the course of the training as such, according to him, will go a long way in helping them to carry out their assignments optimally with efficiency .

The twenty RAAMP participating states invited for the training include; Kwara, Abia, Sokoto, Ogun, Kano, Kebbi, Bauchi, Akwa Ibom, Kogi, Plateau, Imo, Kaduna, Osun, Niger, Ondo, Ekiti, Katsina, Gombe, Benue and Oyo states.

In his remark, the Task Team Leader, (TTL), Engr Tunji Ahmed called on the project coordinators to display leadership at the SPIU level by taking charge completely as this, according to him, will provide direction on how to achieve productive results at the end of the project.

Engr Tunji admonished all officers of the State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU) to work as a team for the benefit of their respective states and country at large.

Previous articleGunmen Abduct DPO In Plateau
Next articleRAAMP Trains Staff At Annual Retreat, Plans Expansion To 36 States

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here