GOVERNOR of Kano State, Abba Kabir Yusuf has openly confronted his estranged political benefactor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso, over what he described as “frequent attacks” against him, warning that his silence should not be interpreted as fear.
News Point Nigeria reports that the governor made the remarks on Monday while addressing party supporters during the official affirmation of Sulaiman Kawu Sumaila as the All Progressives Congress (APC) senatorial candidate for Kano South at an event held in Rano.
Governor Yusuf stated that he would soon begin “talking” if pushed further, marking the first time he has publicly responded to the leader of the Kwankwasiyya Movement in a direct confrontational tone since both men reportedly parted ways earlier this year.
“For us, Kano peace is our priority, but if we are pushed to the wall, we will open our mouths and talk. Silence is not a sign of fear,” the governor said.
“To even keep quiet is an act of worship, not because we are afraid, not because we are kids. How could a 69-year-old call a 63-year-old a kid? It is just a personal respect that you are slightly elder than me,” he added.
The governor further warned that continued attacks could trigger public disclosures.
“However, if an old man does not respect himself and keeps quiet, the younger one will have what to say. So, we are pleading with them in the name of Almighty and His Messenger to keep their mouths shut. Else, you will hear a lot of revelations,” he said.
Governor Yusuf’s remarks followed recent comments by Kwankwaso during an interview, where the former Kano State governor reportedly said Yusuf made a major mistake by leaving the Kwankwasiyya Movement.
Kwankwaso, who is also a chieftain of the Nigeria Democratic Coalition (NDC), further boasted about how the movement helped elevate his former personal assistant to the position of governor.

