PARENTS of schoolchildren abducted in Borno State have appealed to President Bola Tinubu to intervene and rescue their children, lamenting that while pupils abducted in Oyo State on the same day were rescued about 40 days ago, their own children have remained in captivity for nearly 100 days.
News Point Nigeria reports that the distressed parents, who spoke with News Central TV, questioned why the Oyo victims had regained their freedom while the Borno children, abducted on the same day, were still missing, saying the prolonged captivity of the victims had left their families in anguish and uncertainty.
The parents appealed directly to Tinubu, urging him to ensure the safe return of the children and accusing the government of failing to place equal value on the lives of children across the country.
“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, what I have to tell him now, let him rule Nigeria with equal destiny, equal value.
“Because these are our children, they were abducted on the same day with the children of Oyo State. Well, those of Oyo State have been rescued for over a month, while our children are still in captivity for almost 100 days,” one of the parents said.
The parents said the uncertainty surrounding the children’s condition had taken a heavy toll on their families, with some parents reportedly hospitalised as a result of the trauma and anguish caused by the situation.
“And which offense have we, the parents, did to the government that we deserve this punishment?
“Please, we need government to rescue our children and bring them back to us. Some of us cannot even speak to the media because of the conditions. Some of us are still in the hospital up to now.
“I can pronounce three people that are in the hospital because of this situation. Please, we need government to bring these children to us in good health. That’s all we ask,” the parent said.
The children were abducted on May 15, 2026, the same day gunmen abducted students and teachers from a school in Oyo State.
While the Oyo victims were later rescued, the Borno children have remained in captivity, a situation that has continued to fuel anxiety, fear and anguish among their parents and families.
The parents said the age of some of the abducted children had made their prolonged captivity even more distressing, noting that several of the victims were extremely young.
“Our own children are younger than their own. Our own, almost like my daughter.
“My daughter reached her own four years on 17 July last month. Well, others are still there in captivity, younger than my own daughter,” the parent said.
The families said they had received no information capable of assuring them that the children were safe, leaving them to worry daily about whether the victims were still alive.
“We don’t know, even me as I’m speaking like this, I don’t know whether our children are still alive or they are dead.
“Because we haven’t seen any information, knowing whether they are eating, feeding,” the parent said.
The parent said the uncertainty had become unbearable, with families constantly worrying about whether the children had food, shelter or protection from the elements.
“If I tell you the situation where we are now, sometimes if rain is coming like that, some of us will start to cry, due to we don’t know the condition of our children.
“We don’t know they are feeding. Did they eat? Are they inside the room when rain is coming? I don’t know how to explain,” he said.
The parents again urged Tinubu to intervene urgently, stressing that their only demand from the Federal Government was the safe rescue and return of their children.
“Please, we need President Bola Ahmed Tinubu to look into this situation. Please, let him intervene in this matter and bring these children.
“Please, that’s all we want from the government,” they appealed.

